Matcha iced tea - the refreshing drink for the summer
In this recipe you will find how you can quickly and easily prepare a delicious Matcha iced tea with refreshing mint. This drink is perfect for hot summer days, because instead of a hot infusion you can enjoy the vitalizing effect of Matcha tea as an ice-cold variant!
You need the following ingredients for 4 servings:
- 1000 ml of water or mineral water
- 2 limes (pressed into juice)
- 1 lime (sliced)
- Agave syrup (depending on taste)
- 5 sprigs of fresh mint (leaves torn off)
- Ice cubes or crushed ice
- 4 teaspoon Matcha powder
Due to its strong and aromatic taste, we recommend ours for this delicious Matcha iced tea Matcha Gourmet. This is also characterized by its great price-performance ratio, especially in the 100g bag!
- First you have to boil some water and add the matcha powder (Matcha Gourmet) to a thick tea pulp. This works best with a Matcha bamboo whisk. You can also find tips and tricks for preparing your Matcha tea in our blog at Matcha preparation.
- While the tea pulp is in the fridge to cool, you can continue with the preparation of the limes. Cut 1 lime into slices and squeeze the juice from the other two limes.
- Now you can remove the fresh mint leaves from the branches.
- Now you can put the water / mineral water or, depending on your taste, a mixture of water and mineral water in a carafe and carefully add the cooled matcha tea pulp.
- Finally, add the ice cubes / crushed ice, mint and lime slices to the matcha iced tea in the carafe and, depending on your taste, season the whole thing with a little agave syrup.
- Finally, you can garnish the glasses with the remaining mint leaves and the lime slices and serve the refreshing cold drink with straws.
The delicious matcha iced tea is ready! Your team wishes you a good appetite Matcha Magic!
This delicious soft drink becomes a real eye-catcher at summer parties when the Matcha iced tea is served in visually appealing long drink, jam or wide water glasses. As a result, mint leaves and lime slices are distributed particularly nicely between the ice cubes and the bright green Matcha iced tea! Last but not least, the edge of the glass can be garnished with a slice of lime and a little mint!
More matcha recipes:
Did you like this recipe? Then try one of our other delicious Matcha recipes! You can find an overview in our Matcha Recipes Blog!
Did you like the recipe? Then just write us a comment. We look forward to hearing from you!